Saint Anthony’s High School
Saint Anthony’s High School is a Roman Catholic, Franciscan, college preparatory school, rooted in the seraphic principle “Capture the heart and the mind will follow” (St. Bonaventure). Our mission is to educate young men and women on their journey towards Truth.
We at Saint Anthony’s High School believe in our Catholic heritage, in the Franciscan tradition. We encourage our student’s spiritual growth through participation in the Church’s mission to build the Body of Christ by instructing our students in the Catholic faith, and encouraging in each student:
- The formation of a morally correct conscience
- Developing and respecting different religions
- Challenging the forces of racism in all its forms
- Providing liturgical experiences which nurture the spiritual development and sacramental life of the student
- Promoting gospel ideals as mirrored in the lives of St. Francis of Assisi and St. Anthony of Padua
- Faith, hope, love of God, self and neighbor
- Joy in the gifts of life and salvation
- Peace in the attempt to discern God’s will in the daily course of events
- Fostering a respect for the natural order and the beauty of creation
Dignity and Respect
We promote the future common good of our students, our school and our society by:
- Fostering respect for the democratic ideals of liberty, equality, and the principle of law in a pluralistic and multicultural society
- Encouraging a responsible attitude toward change in the pursuit of Truth
- Providing alumni services as a means of strengthening the ties with our common past
- Emphasizing the duty of our teachers to direct their students’ activities with a sense of responsibility and to have them strive for what is true and just in willing cooperation with others
- Expecting teachers to exemplify the behavior and moral values expected of the students
- Encouraging parents to support and reinforce the values of honesty and integrity in their students’ academic performance and personal interactions
- We encourage effective development and promote the student’s fullest aesthetic growth by fostering, within the curriculum and extra-curricular activities, an appreciation of individual worth.
We encourage both critical and creative thinking and stimulate the student’s intellectual growth by:
- Providing a formal study of the arts and sciences that recognizes the needs of a diverse student body
- Encouraging a spirit of academic excellence
- Offering a variety of activities that allow the students to explore other facets of the arts and sciences
- Emphasizing that learning is not limited to the school environment or the school years
- Fostering an awareness of college and career choices
We encourage the exercise of individual talents and promote the student’s physical, emotional, and social growth by
- Providing curricular and extra-curricular activities which stimulate physical and emotional health, individual integrity, and self-respect
- Challenging leadership potential
- Encouraging a sense of social responsibility, a generous spirit, and an unselfish service toward neighbor in the spiritual and corporal works of mercy
- Creating an atmosphere in which friendship can flourish
Profile of Saint Anthony’s High School Graduates
Saint Anthony’s High School seeks to mold a balanced individual, shaping the mind, exercising the body and inspiring the spirit. Therefore upon Graduation, our students will:
- Our Roman Catholic Faith.
- The Gospel ideals of St. Francis.
- Spiritual and Corporal works of mercy, love for creation, and respect for life in all its forms.
- A demanding academic environment and education as a life long learning process.
- The freedom afforded to them as citizens of the United States of America.
Be Able To
- Problem solve, communicate effectively and distinguish between perception and Truth.
- Think globally, creatively and critically and have an appreciation for both the Liberal Arts and Sciences.
- Make sacrifices for what they believe in and have the courage to stand up against injustice.
- They are called to become the spiritual and visionary leaders needed to transform our world, our nation and our society.
- In love and appreciation of the United States of America.
- In altruism, volunteerism, and the willingness to meet the social challenges of today.
- In acceptance, respect and love for others.